Union human resource development (HRD) minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and minister of housing and urban affairs (MoHUA) Hardeep Singh Puri on Thursday jointly inaugurated The Urban Learning Internship Programme (TULIP) to provide internship opportunities to thousands of fresh graduates and engineers of the county under the ‘Smart City’ projects.
The TULIP portal has been developed by AICTE. Under the internship programme students will get to work for 100 smart cities under ministry of housing and urban development. According to the TULIP portal, there are a total of 295,200 internships under 23,970 companies.
Students having a degree of B. Tech, B planning, B. Arch, BA, BSc, BCom, LLB can register for internships as per their interest.
– Short-term exposure to fresh graduates to enhance their professional development through experiential learning with ULBs and smart cities.
– Harnessing fresh energy and ideas towards ULBs and smart cities endeavours to solve critical challenges.
– Open only to Indian citizens.
– Not more than 18 months should have passed from the date of declaration of final year results to the date from which the internship is sought.
Duration and extension of engagement:
– The duration of the internship will be a minimum of 8 weeks up to 1 year.
Stipend and other Allowances:
– Amount of stipend/subsistence allowance/expenses would be payable at the discretion of the ULB/ smart city and there shall be no liability of providing any employment on the ULB or smart city, whatsoever.
1. Interns shall bring laptops/ mobile internet connectivity/ other devices etc. as needed by them.
2. The interns shall normally arrange their own boarding/lodging/ transport to and from their place of stay to the place of internship.
3. However, the ULB/smart city may reimburse transport/travel expenses incurred by the intern during the course of any assignment, which shall be at the sole discretion of the ULB/smart city.
4. The ULB/smart city may, however if they so decide, support the interns, in whatever way they may deem fit, with resources essential for completion of the assignment as per their discretion.
Certificate of Internship
A digitally signed and shareable certificate regarding successful completion of internship shall be issued jointly by MoHUA, State Government, AICTE and the ULB/smart city.